Privacy and Security
Website Privacy and Security
Hope House, Inc. respects the privacy of visitors to its website. We strongly believe that if electronic commerce and online activities are to flourish, website visitors must be assured that information provided online is used responsibly and appropriately. To protect online privacy, the organization has implemented the following policy.
About the Information We Collect - Most of the data and information we collect through our website is used only to help us achieve our mission. It is our policy to collect and store only personal information that website visitors knowingly provide.
From Casual Website Visitors and General Users. We do not collect any personal information from users browsing our website. When you use the public areas of our website you are doing so anonymously. We do not collect aggregate use information, such as the number of hits (visits) per page. We use aggregate data for internal and marketing purposes, but we don't collect any personally identifying information.
To access the machine-readable files created and published by Humana, please visit Plan and Issuer Price Transparency (humana.com)
How to Contact Hope House for any reason
You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time. You can do the following by contacting us:
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
Hope House does not presently collect any aggregate data (non-personally identifiable information, such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, the domain name of your internet service provider, aggregate data about the number of visits to the Site, and/or aggregate data about the pages visited).
Hope House Inc. is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of the personal information of its donors. Hope House values the trust its donors place in the organization and adheres to the highest standards in gathering, using and safeguarding the donor’s personal and gift information.
All employees and volunteers involved in fundraising activities that require access to restricted information will read, sign and abide by a confidentiality statement with respect to donor information.
Hope House will not rent, trade or sell its donor database.
Hope House collects the minimum amount of information needed to demonstrate and maintain a service, volunteer, participant or donor relationship. This includes:
- Contact and identification information such as the donor’s name, address, telephone number and/or email address(es);
- Donation information such as date of gift, amount of gift, the campaign the donor contributed to, and name of spouse or partner if it was a joint gift;
- Financial information such as payment methods and preferences, billing and banking information (i.e., credit card number and expiration date);
- Other personal information used for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances
There are also circumstances where the use and/or disclosure of personal information is justified or permitted without consent. These circumstances may include:
- Where required by law or by order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental tribunal;
- Where Hope House believes, upon reasonable grounds, that it is necessary to document information for funding agencies;
- Where Hope House believes, upon reasonable grounds, that it is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of an identifiable person or group;
- Where the information is public
Access to the Information
Hope House employees who may access the donor’s information to perform pledge processing and administrative functions are prohibited from disclosing donor information to third parties.
Together we can build a brighter future.
Domestic violence can happen to anyone, no matter their gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, or sexuality. Hope House advocates for survivors, no matter where they are in their journey. Join us in creating a brighter tomorrow for survivors.