Marketing & Communication Manager
Full Time Exempt
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for the success of Hope House’s internal and external agency communications, public relations, and marketing; and well as assisting the CDO with Hope House’s fundraising events.
COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING
• Manages long-range Hope House events calendar, working with the development/marketing team to strategically schedule events and volunteer activities as appropriate.
• Works with the Development department to provide ongoing, measurable analysis of outreach campaigns, including cost analysis, ROI and effectiveness as indicated by response from target markets.
• Mobilizes prioritized messages across core external markets using a variety of tactics and channels.
• Raises the company’s visibility across targeted trade and business publications through a variety of communications channels.
• Manages a cross-divisional media relations program balancing support for campaigns, thought leadership, and support for events.
• Works with commercial printers, including preparing artwork for printing, choosing stock, and USPS mailing specs.
• Manages and maintains the agency’s website and ancillary software programs while maintaining a lawful and ethical communications structure.
• Plans and executes tours for the Senior Management Team – corporate and donor based.
• Assists with Executive communications, including speech writing, speaking opportunities, blogging, media tours, awards, etc.
• Manages communications for corporate announcements such as financial news and any crisis situation, including talking points, Q&A, employee and donor/support communications, etc.
• Assists with securing sponsorships and underwriting opportunities for events.
• Ensures accurate management of all sponsorship fulfillment.
• Develops and implements creative design of events, working with event producers and other vendors to align with Hope House brand guidelines.
• Manages Hope House event planning and development tasks, including planning meetings; obtaining competitive bids from vendors; site inspections; accurate management of guest lists, RSVP’s, and acknowledgments for events; event schedules and budgets; event
itineraries; planning meetings; etc.
• Site-manages Hope House events or supervises site management by vendors with responsibility
from beginning to end of each event.
• Manages venue relations and expectations throughout the event production life cycle.
• Practices and maintains the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow
team members, management and all guests that attend each event or volunteer opportunity.
• Builds strategic relationships with partners and donors to enhance the event quality and
• Communicates with development team on an ongoing basis to ensure events are on schedule
and all goals are met.
• Assist the Development department in fundraising by identifying and cultivating potential new
donors and by stewarding relationships with current donors.
• Represents Hope House at community meetings, gives tours, and facilitates speaking
engagements as requested.
• Follows all Hope House service philosophies, policies, and procedures.
• Performs other duties as requested.
REQUIREMENTS – Marketing and Communications Manager must have the ability to:
• Speak effectively in a group setting;
• Utilize graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite) especially InDesign, Photoshop and
• Demonstrate proficiency in Drupal; website platform management, and front end
• Maintain appropriate boundaries when working with personnel, volunteers, community
members, local press and media, and event attendees;
• Maintain confidentiality, neutrality, and professionalism in role;
• Multi task and work in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines;
• Travel to various locations in the community and between both locations;
• Work effectively with persons who have diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and backgrounds,
including the ability to manage conflict;
• Demonstrate efficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the dynamics and causes of domestic violence and a
commitment to end domestic violence as a social problem;
• Perform well with frequent interruptions and distractions, adapt to change productively, and
handle other tasks as assigned;
• Arrives to work/work assignments promptly and regularly;
• Concentrate and perform accurately;
• Work a variety of schedules, depending upon the needs of the program;
• Work under the stress of deadlines;
• Demonstrate excellent written, presentation, and oral communication skills.
• Be detail-oriented, able to establish priorities and work efficiently with minimum supervision;
• Demonstrate efficiency in navigating various social media channels;
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of public relations and communications principles and practices;
• Demonstrate advanced skills in writing, editing, and communication tasks; and
• Effectively direct the agency’s communications operations.
Post offer, pre-employment screening requires successful completion of a Children’s Division screening
and criminal background check; and valid driver’s license, current motor vehicle insurance, and
acceptable motor vehicle record report.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited program in Communications, Journalism, or related field
OR a current proven, successful experience in a corporate and/or agency media relations
• Possess proficiency in Adobe Create Suite (preferably CS6) and/or Indesign (Adobe CC), and Drupal
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, climb, hear and reach with
hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception
and ability to focus.
This position requires an individual to be flexible with their work schedule and to meet multiple and
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hope House is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer