Monday-Friday + Events
• Invoices grants on a monthly basis and prepares additional grant financial reports as specified in the grant award and reporting documents.
• Prepares financial documentation for grant applications.
• Creates and maintains grant files and supporting documents subject to audit by funders.
• Prepares and compiles documentation for special events and assists fundraising staff at special events.
• Processes payroll and taxes and completes Month, Quarter, or Year-End Maintenance for the accounting software (including reporting requirements for W-2’s and State and Local payroll tax filings).
• Prepares Disbursement Requests and supporting documents for monthly invoices for Employee Benefits and Pledges.
• Processes accounts payable and completes Month, Quarter, or Year-End Maintenance for the accounting software (includes year-end 1099 preparation & filing).
• Prepares month end journal entries and accruals.
• Assists in preparation of annual financial audit.
• Prepares daily deposits.
• Ensures all accounting files and documentation are maintained according to quality assurance, grant reporting, and auditing standards.
• Works with a variety of other team members, including program managers and members of the development team.
• Follows all Hope House service philosophies, policies, and procedures.
• Performs other duties as requested.
REQUIREMENTS – The Accountant must have the ability to:
• Maintain appropriate boundaries when working with agency personnel;
• Maintain confidentiality, neutrality, and professionalism in role;
• Multi task and work in a fast paced environment;
• Travel to various meetings in the community and between both locations;
• Work effectively with persons who have diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and backgrounds;
• Demonstrate advanced computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and follow through;
• Adapt to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned;
• Arrive to work promptly and regularly;
• Concentrate and perform accurately;
• Work under the stress of deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
• Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills;
• Demonstrate functional knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP); and
• Demonstrate strong analytical skills.
Post offer, pre-employment screening requires successful completion of a Children’s Division screening,
criminal background check, and motor vehicle record report.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Accounting;
• Previous experience working with Open Systems Accounting Software (OSAS)
• CPA candidate
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, climb, hear and reach with
hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception
and ability to focus.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hope House is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To Apply: Email or send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
PO Box 577
Lee’s Summit MO 64063