to Hope House
Donate Essential Items
We accept donations at our Lee's Summit and Independence locations:
Monday through Friday
9 a.m.-5 p.m.
No appointment needed.
To get directions to the drop-off location nearest you, call 816-461-4188 and dial 0 for the operator. We don't post our street address/directions online or in email due to safety concerns.
If you have questions about donations, please email Traci at email@example.com.
*We do not accept computers, monitors, printers, televisions or cribs manufactured prior to July 2014.
List updated on 7/2016
- Ibuprofen (Motrin), Tylenol, Neosporin, Tums
- Cold/flu medications and allergy medications (over the counter adult/children/infant)
- Regular size Band-Aids, hydrogen peroxide
- Lysol cleaning spray and wipes
- Ethnic hair products such as relaxers, gels and hair grease
- Bath towels
- Hairbrushes, wide-tooth combs
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Women’s underwear (all sizes)
- Children's underwear (boys/girls, all sizes)
- Women’s socks
To view a list of our ongoing needs, please click here.
Wish List Items
Imagine starting over from scratch. That's what many of our clients have to do once they leave Hope House. Having left their homes with little or nothing, they must start over in a new place. We’ve found there are specific essential items that can help a displaced survivor feel a sense of home and belonging. They include:
- Towels (kitchen, bath, etc.)
- Sheets/bedding (twin, double, queen)
- Pots and pans
- Kitchen countertop appliances (microwave, toaster, blender, mixer, coffee maker, toaster oven, Crock-Pot, can opener, etc.)
- Small furniture (end tables, night stands, etc.)
- Alarm clocks
Donate Your Old Vehicle
Wondering what to do with your used car or truck? Donating your old vehicle to Hope House is convenient and easy, and may qualify you for a tax deduction.